I don’t know about you, but I think there is nothing chicer than wearing a black and white dress. The combination is both classic and bold and can be worn for any special event on your calendar. Alone the combination can sometimes be a little bit on the boring side, so I wanted to give y’all 5 ways to spice up your black and white dress and reinvent this year-round staple!
- Bold Shoes– One of my favorite ways to add some color and dimension to a black and white outfit is to add a pair of bold colored shoes. When I was younger I really enjoyed wearing bright red pumps with my black and white (and this will always be a winner in my book) but as I have gotten older I have tried to venture out with different colors such as yellow, orange, cobalt, hot pink and bright kelly green (or my new favorite, neon fuchsia, like you see in these photos)
- A Statement necklace: I have found that a big statement necklace almost always goes with a black and white ensemble. There are times where I have purchased a really great necklace or pair of earrings and have no idea what to wear it with. I can almost always wear it with just black, but a black and white pattern can help take that look up a notch.
- A bright handbag: One of the simplest ways to jazz up a black and white dress is with a brightly colored handbag. The bag can match your brightly colored shoes or can be a complimentary color (or my favorite, a jewel tone). You can pair the handbag a matching shoe color or even just a single pop of color from the handbag also looks really nice.
- Stay monochromatic: Maybe brightly colored accessories or bold pops of color are just not your thing. If this the case, you can always just stay monochromatic. Keep your accessories white, black or grey for a classic, polished look.
- Play with patterns: If you choose to stay monochromatic with your black and white, add a different pattern to your outfit. For example, add a leopard, snakeskin, polka dot or striped accessory like a scarf, handbag, piece of jewelry or even a pair of sunglasses to really make your outfit stand out.
Hopefully you already have a fabulous black and white dress in your closet that you are planning to wear to your next upcoming event (and if you don’t this one is on sale for 50% off today ENDS TONIGHT!) and that this post inspires you try something new. There is no simple answer to how to accessorize a black and white dress and that is the beauty of it! Get creative and let your outfit shine to match your personality!