This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant, all opinions expressed are my very own.
I have always enjoyed taking my fitness routine outdoors. Whether I’m running, walking, swimming or cycling, I love working out in the open air and have never let the cold winter weather stop me (well, unless its under 3o degrees outside, then I don’t go out!) With the colder weather approaching, its important to suit up appropriately, but its also important to take care of your skin. I wanted to provide you with a few skin care tips from Dove Dermatologist, Dr. Alicia Barba along with a few tips of my own that will help guard against dry skin and other cold-weather epidermal enemies you might encounter this winter:
1.Stay hydrated. This seems like a no-brainer, but it can sometimes be tough to drink large quantities of water when its cold outside and the last thing on your mind is enjoying a nice cold beverage. Not only is staying hydrated good for your skin, but it can also give your immune system a boost, increase your metabolism and help you stay full, longer.
2. Moisturize those lips. The skin on your lips is very thin and sensitive and they lack oil/sweat glands that can protect the lips from the cruel weather. To get baby soft lips, prevention is key and is a lot easier than treating dry, chapped lips. Before going outside, be sure to apply an SPF-rich lip balm and also try to cover your face if you can. A ski mask, scarf or even certain jacket hoods will help protect your face and lips from the harsh wind and hold moisturizer inside.
3. Care For Your Underarms. Underarm skin is sensitive and an area that shouldn’t be overlooked. Textures and fabrics in sweaters, undergarments and t-shirts can irritate the skin. Underneath all those layers, you’ll need a product that keeps you hydrated and protected. Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant is formulated with moisturizers to help alleviate irritation and leave you with softer and smoother underarms.
Besides the skin care benefits for softer, smoother underarms, I also really love that Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant provides 48-hour odor and wetness protection. Its great knowing that once I apply it, underarm sweat and odor is one less thing I have to worry about! Want to learn more about Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant? For more information online , click here!
4. Invest in a hydrating cleanser. Dry Skin is more than just annoying and uncomfortable, it can lead to serious skin problems such as worsening of eczema, psoriasis and can be a major cause of winter itch. Use a hydrating cleanser and make sure to moisturize the skin after cleansing or gently exfoliating.
5. Cleanse your face post-workout. If you don’t have time to shower immediately after your workout, consider using a disposable cleansing cloth to wipe your face. Be sure to pay attention to any areas that might have been concealed during your workout (your forehead if you were wearing a hat or your mouth if you wore a scarf) to help prevent breakouts from occurring from trapped sweat. 6. Don’t forget the sunscreen. Just because its winter, it doesn’t mean that you are invincible from the sun’s harmful rays. Be sure to wear a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 if your face is going to be exposed while you’re outside.
7. Build a Barrier. If you are going to be exercising in super frigid temps, consider using a face balm. This can also help protect your delicate facial skin if it happens to be windy out.
8. Shower Smart. Although it might be enticing to take a long, hot shower after your outdoor workout, it can be harsh on your skin. Hot showers can strip your skin of? its natural oils, leaving your skin feeling extra dry. Try to limit yourself to a 15 minute warm shower, close the door to trap in humidity and also use a moisturizing body wash or shower oil while you’re in there.
Don’t let the harsh elements of winter get the best of your skin this season! I would love to know how you cope with winter skin issues, so please feel free to leave me a comment with any foolproof winter-proofing tricks you use!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant.