Hey y’all! I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you who have supported me and my little blog for the past 3 1/2 years. Without your love and support, I wouldn’t get to do half of the things that I get to do in this lifetime and for that I am eternally grateful. Blogging has brought me and my family so many wonderful opportunities over the past few years and I never take a single one of them for granted.? I am lucky that I get to share my love of fashion and family with you all and really do appreciate every comment, message, follow and read that I receive from you all, so thank you.
2017 has been a decent year, but I am definitely ready (and looking forward) to 2018. Time seems to go so fast these days, so its a double edged sword wishing for a new year to start, but I guess what I am saying is that I am looking forward to a fresh beginning. With that being said, I wanted to share some of my New Year’s resolutions with you, with hopes that you might help hold me accountable to them or maybe even inspire some thoughts for yourself. Here are a few things that I hope to work on in 2018:
1. My connection with God. I want to start praying more and going to church. We haven’t been since Bennett has been born, so it is definitely something I want to start doing again. I also want to pray more often. I have gotten bad about this, often falling asleep while praying or just downright now praying at all. I don’t want to be one of those people that says “I will pray for you and your family” and then never actually does it.
2. Paying off my debt. I feel like this is always a New Year’s resolution for me and a year or two ago I actually DID pay off all of my debt. Unfortunately, I have racked up debt again and really want to work hard to pay it all off. I am SO BAD at saving money or putting extra money towards debt, so I want to be better about this in 2018.
3. Saving money. My husband and I don’t make that much money between the two of us, so it makes it really difficult to put money into savings. This year I am determined to both pay off my existing debt and also putting money away, even if its just a few dollars every week.
4. Read more books. I feel like I never have time to read anymore. The last time I read a book was when we went to the beach for a few days, because I never have that kind of free time these days. I want to spend this year reading more books (and doing number 5 below).
5. Spend less time on my phone. I think most of us can agree that we spend way too much time on our phones these days. I want to be better about not being on my phone around my husband when we are together and also when I am with Bennett. I also tend to go on my phone before bed and before I know it, a lot of time has passed and I have done nothing. I would like to replace that time at night with reading a book or doing something else for myself.
6. I want to be more charitable. I don’t necessarily mean by donating money, but I want to be more charitable with my time. I want to start showing Bennett how its important to help other people and families, so I want to find small ways that I can do this in my daily life.
Speaking of charity, I want to take a moment to thank 7 Charming Sisters for working with me so much this year. I know I have mentioned them in several of my posts, but want to add that it means a lot to me to work with a company that does so much to give back to their community.? Not only does 7 Charming Sisters make fabulous and affordable jewelry, but they have a deep commitment to helping those with disabilities by employing them in their studio. You all truly inspire me and? make me want to give back to my own community. While I’m at it, I should probably let y’all know that 7 Charming Sisters is having an End of Year Clearance Sale right now, where everything is BOGO 50% off (excluding Sale items).
Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog and I hope that 2018 brings you much happiness, health and a year full of laughter. Happy New Year!