This post is sponsored by Tidal Labs on behalf of Banana Republic?however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Well, sadly its August and that means that Summer will soon be coming to an end.? Even though the kids start back to school the first two weeks of August here in Georgia, it doesn’t mean that its time to close up the pools and pack away our summer clothes just yet! There is still time! There are a few more weeks of official summer days left, and you better believe I am going to take full advantage of each and every day! I still have a few things that I want to accomplish in the upcoming weeks and thought I would share them with you!
- Go to the beach- We haven’t been to the beach since last year when Bennett was still a baby. We was barely taking a few steps when we took him and we still had an awesome time. I am excited to take him this year as a two year old since he can do so much more this time! We are planning to go on a beach trip at the end of the month, so I cannot wait to see him play in the sand and run in the water!
- Take a Paddle board Yoga class at the lake– I have been dying to try this! Our nearby lake offers stand up paddle board yoga classes and I have been dying to take one since we moved back here two years ago. You apparently paddle out about 20 minutes, do some yoga out in the middle of the lake and then paddle back. I know it only goes for a few more weeks, so I need to schedule a class STAT!
- Go to a baseball game– The Atlanta Braves just got a brand new stadium and I really want to check it out! I have been wanting to take Bennett to his first baseball game too (I’m not sure how long he will last, but its a thought!)
- Go to a Food Truck night- We have a food truck night every Thursday in the town I grew up in, but we have never been! We are lucky that this will probably last into the fall since our weather stays warm until then, but there is just something about Summer and Food Trucks that seems to go together.
- Watch a movie/show outdoors-I am dying to get to Stone Mountain Park to see a laser show on the mountain or even to Piedmont Park for a “Screen on the Green” but it has just been so darn hot here! I think August is going to be perfect for it though.
- Rent a boat-We moved from New Hampshire two years ago where we lived on a small lake year round. We sold our boat before we left and I have really missed everything about it! I still have my boating license so I would really like to rent a boat and take Bennett for a ride!
- Go to a Water Park kid free-I miss the days of going to the water park as a kid and think it would be really fun to go as an adult! Bennett isn’t quite old enough to go on the rides yet, so I think this would be fun to do sans kids for now.
- Check out our local Farmers Market-I really want to take advantage of the freshest produce that is in season right now.
- Make homemade popsicles- I have been wanting to get a little creative in the kitchen lately and try to make some colorful popsicles and put them on the blog! Check out these recipes!
- Attend a state fair and eat something that is definitely not on the diet. Think fried twinkies, funnel cake and caramel apples!
I hope that my list might inspire you to go out with a bang this summer! I would love to hear your? end of summer bucket list as well, so feel free to drop me a comment below!