Dress | Shoes | Sunnies | Handbag | Earrings
Hey There! I hope y’all are having a wonderful week! Today I thought I would share 10 things about myself that you might now know. I don’t always reveal too much about myself in posts, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to tell you a little bit about me:
- I’m a certified Personal Trainer. I don’t personal train anymore, but I got my Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion and Behavior with the idea that I would do Corporate Fitness for my career. I started personal training and teaching spin classes while I was in college and did my internship in Boston training employees of a huge lawfirm. I randomly became a teacher. When I decided to get out of the fitness industry and look for jobs, I found a job listing for a high school Health teacher, applied and got the job. I’m now going on my 11th year of teaching! I am also a certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor and got my Master’s degree in Education with a focus on counseling.
- Speaking of teaching, I just completed my first year as an ONLINE High School Health teacher. I took this job last summer so that I could stay home with my son and it has been quite interesting!
- I met my husband on Match.com. Yup, when I moved up to Boston, I joined Match.com with a free weekend trial and found him. I fell in love with him on our first date and the rest is history!
- I got into blogging after working with Bloggers. As you know I make clutches and sell them in my Etsy shop. I started sending my bags to a few fashion bloggers to get the word out about my bags, and then decided I wanted to be a blogger too!
- . I am a marshmallow Peep fanatic. I get Peeps for almost every holiday (people are always buying them for me) and I collect Peep memorabilia
- Ok, don’t laugh at this one…I used to be a Fitness and Bikini competitor. I competed for about 3 years and my first fitness routine was a break dancing theme. I literally came out on stage in an Adidas track suit with a clock around my neck and then ripped it off had on some 80’s fitness apparel underneath. My students used to Google me all the time and ask me if I was a bodybuilder, LOL.
- I had a c-section with my son because he was breech (butt first) and I couldn’t get him to turn. I actually came out butt first, so did my mom and so did my grandmother!
- I have a boating license. I got my license over 10 years ago and then bought a house on a lake and boat on my own. I then met my husband about a month later…what a lucky guy 😉
- I swallowed my house key when I was in second grade. We are talking a full-on Schlage deadbolt key. Don’t ask me why I had it in my mouth in the first place, but lets just say that it made its way out safely, LOL.
- I still wear my retainer. I wore braces for two years and had them taken off in the 9th grade. I still wear my retainer to bed every night. My husband love it, haha.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better. I would love to hear something about you that you might want to share. Feel free to share something in the comments below!
Such interesting facts!!! Can’t believe you’ve been teacher 11 years! You’re too young for that. And omg the key?Lol
love this fun dress!! so summery!
Sabrina | Gypsy Tan
Haha, loved it! Keep posting such content ? ?? Love to read and know more about you??
That is so amazing how you met your husband, meant to be for sure!
love the ten things concept! such a fun blog post. I’m also super into the striped dress – too cute!!
I love this! I’m honestly so impressed that you still wear your retainer! Lol I have no idea where mine is and my orthodontist is my neighbor! He asks me about it every time I’m home ?
This is so cool. Love yuor colourful dress. Didnt know you had a boating license… that is very unique!
You look fantastic!! I love all of the colors! I tried the Match thing and it didn’t work for me. But so cool that you met your Hubby on it!
Such great fun facts! I love your fun summery outfit.
Xo, Lauren from http://www.aloprofile.com
This is such a cute post!! I loved getting to know you and hearing your match.com success story! 🙂
I love the colors in this dress and your background! So pretty!
I wear my retainer too!! hahaha I’m sure my husband loves it as well
The Color Palette
Wow! What a cute dress! I love the color. And those are such fun facts about yourself! I love how you met your husband. I tried to talk my son into joining one of those dating websites, he did for about a week but didn’t like it, then quit. I think he gave up too soon.
It’s so fun learning about you! Love your bright colors!
I think it is great you are a teacher!
I love reading facts about bloggers. It’s fun to hear about their life and other things they do besides blogging. I absolutely adore your dress and think you’re adorable!
What fun details! Teaching online sounds like a fun gig!
Loved learning these things about you and this striped dress is so cute!
Omg tis post is so cute, loved learning a little more about you! I love your dress + bag, too!
What a darling dress, so easy to wear. I love the look of linen and all of the colors here!
Thanks for linking!
[…] Sew Sarah R: 10 Things You Might Not Know About Me […]