Hey There! I hope y’all are having a wonderful week! Today I thought I would share 10 things about myself that you might now know. I don’t always reveal too much about myself in posts, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to tell you a little bit about me:
- I’m a certified Personal Trainer. I don’t personal train anymore, but I got my Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion and Behavior with the idea that I would do Corporate Fitness for my career. I started personal training and teaching spin classes while I was in college and did my internship in Boston training employees of a huge lawfirm. I randomly became a teacher. When I decided to get out of the fitness industry and look for jobs, I found a job listing for a high school Health teacher, applied and got the job. I’m now going on my 11th year of teaching! I am also a certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor and got my Master’s degree in Education with a focus on counseling.
- Speaking of teaching, I just completed my first year as an ONLINE High School Health teacher. I took this job last summer so that I could stay home with my son and it has been quite interesting!
- I met my husband on Match.com. Yup, when I moved up to Boston, I joined Match.com with a free weekend trial and found him. I fell in love with him on our first date and the rest is history!
- I got into blogging after working with Bloggers. As you know I make clutches and sell them in my Etsy shop. I started sending my bags to a few fashion bloggers to get the word out about my bags, and then decided I wanted to be a blogger too!
- . I am a marshmallow Peep fanatic. I get Peeps for almost every holiday (people are always buying them for me) and I collect Peep memorabilia
- Ok, don’t laugh at this one…I used to be a Fitness and Bikini competitor. I competed for about 3 years and my first fitness routine was a break dancing theme. I literally came out on stage in an Adidas track suit with a clock around my neck and then ripped it off had on some 80’s fitness apparel underneath. My students used to Google me all the time and ask me if I was a bodybuilder, LOL.
- I had a c-section with my son because he was breech (butt first) and I couldn’t get him to turn. I actually came out butt first, so did my mom and so did my grandmother!
- I have a boating license. I got my license over 10 years ago and then bought a house on a lake and boat on my own. I then met my husband about a month later…what a lucky guy 😉
- I swallowed my house key when I was in second grade. We are talking a full-on Schlage deadbolt key. Don’t ask me why I had it in my mouth in the first place, but lets just say that it made its way out safely, LOL.
- I still wear my retainer. I wore braces for two years and had them taken off in the 9th grade. I still wear my retainer to bed every night. My husband love it, haha.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better. I would love to hear something about you that you might want to share. Feel free to share something in the comments below!