Sweatshirt: Confetti Closet c/o, Skirt, Shoes, Necklace: Purple Peridot c/o
“Kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world, no matter what you look like.” I love this quote (the author is unknown)because it is so true. We all need to be a little bit kinder. We need to be a little bit kinder to each other and even a little kinder to ourselves. One of my resolutions this year was to take better care of myself. As part of this resolution, I want to be kinder to those around me. It is so easy to get wrapped up in negativity and be unkind, or to even to just let the stresses of every day life make you say and do things you really don’t mean. I want to live each day in the moment by being kind to others, but there are some days I forget to do that.? So as a daily reminder to myself, here are 10 Ways to Be a Kinder Person (I found these on My Domaine and wanted to share some of my favorites).
- Give away books you have read. I recently did this by posting a book on my Instastories! I really wanted to share what I had read with someone else who might be interested in reading it for free!
- Give more hugs. Apparently humans need 12 hugs a day for growth. Start hugging more!
- Send Thank you notes. Not just for special occasions, but for everything!
- Pay it forward. The next time you’re in line at a drive-thru or tollbooth, pay for the person behind just because!
- Be nice to someone you dislike. You gotta kill ’em with kindness, right?
- Do what you say you’re going to do. Always keep your word.
- Stop complaining. Your positivity will encourage others to do the same.
- Buy someone flowers for no reason at all.
- Let someone in the checkout line go ahead of you. This is always extra nice when you can tell someone is in a hurry or has kids with them!
- Write notes to your loved ones and put them in their jacket pocket, car, suitcase, lunchbox etc.
I hope I have inspired you to be a little bit kinder today! We often forget how much of an impact the little things we do each day make and I am guilty of that myself. I challenge you to do something nice for someone today and then throw that kindness around like confetti! 🙂
I lovelovelove this so much, Sarah! Paying it forward is huge, as are thank you notes. I’m trying to get better at randomly paying for people’s coffee or just being in tune to those little moments where we can jump in and be KIND!
Coming Up Roses
I love sending a little note in the mail to someone just for fun! I love that cage skirt!
This look is soooo cute and I love this tips and will try to challenge myself to do a few of these each week!
Graphic tops are love! And this message is perfect. Plus, it’s so cute with the skirt!
Jessica | notjessfashion.com
Your graphic top is so cute and such a great message! Love these tips! It’s so easy to let someone go in front of you in line or give more hugs!
Doused In Pink
Definitely not enough kindness in the world! Thanks!