Hey y’all! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! My husband and I took a little roadtrip this past weekend to Nashville, Tennessee. We live in Atlanta, so Nashville is about a four hour drive from us. Being from the south, I have been to Nashville several times (including this past fall when I went on a Girls Weekend with some Instagram friends), but my Bostonian husband had never been.
One of the reasons I was excited about Nashville was because of all the amazing walls and murals that they have there to take pictures in front of (I will be sharing more about this in a later post!) and since pink is my favorite color, I fell in love with this pink and white wall that was located in east Nashville.
One of the hardest things about traveling ( knowing you will be taking outfit pictures) is figuring out what to bring with you to wear and have on hand for those photo shoots. So whether you are a blogger, instagrammer or just someone who loves taking outfit photos, I wanted to provide you with a little list of items to bring on your next roadtrip to help make your photoshoot go smoothly:
- A camera with different lenses. I currently use this camera and this is my favorite lens.
- Car hanger for hanging clothes: When changing in your car, its best to have your outfits ironed and hung so that you can access them easily while changing in the backseat and so they look good in pics (duh, right?) Try this universal hanging bar that fits easily in your backseat and allows you to hang up several items at once.
- Jewlery hanger: Having to keep track of different jewelry options in the car can get a bit tricky, so try adding one of these hangers to your rack to keep it all organized
- Strapless Bra: I say strapless bra so that you can avoid changing your bra million times based on your outfit needs. I found this strapless bra to be the best at staying up, but if you need a self-adhesive bra (since all the tops and dresses these days seem to revel everything, try this one.
- Battery powered curling iron: The worst part about photo shoots is the amount of time I spend curling my hair just to have it go straight by time I get to my shooting location (especially in the summertime here in the south!) A battery powered curling iron is a great accessory to have to touch up your hair in between shots.
- Mini Handbags to accessorize with: You want to have a bunch of different handbag options for your outfits, but limited space (and money) might be a factor for you if you are changing in your car. I found these mini handbags that are inexpensive and small that come in a variety of different colors to be great for traveling.
- A Water bottle that keeps your drinks cold: In the middle of the summer, it gets hot taking pictures outside! I suggest a tumbler or water bottle that will keep your drinks cold so you can stay cool and hydrated while shooting.
- Baby wipes: I have a toddler, so lucky for me these are always in my car. I have used them at shoots to wipe off lipstick to switch colors, wipe my hands, use them for stains etc.
- OOTD stickers: These are great to put on your outfits in the car so you can stay organized and know what items go with what easily!
- Pop-up Tent: Hate changing in the car? Try one of these pop-up tents instead and give yourself a dressing room on the go!
I hope you enjoyed my list! These are just a few items that I have found to be really helpful for me. If you have any other suggestions, I would love to hear them!