Fashion Featured

March 15, 2017

View More: http://vivaluxphotography.pass.us/sarah-lennon

View More: http://vivaluxphotography.pass.us/sarah-lennon

View More: http://vivaluxphotography.pass.us/sarah-lennon

View More: http://vivaluxphotography.pass.us/sarah-lennon

View More: http://vivaluxphotography.pass.us/sarah-lennon

Coco Chanel once said, “The best color in the world, is the one that looks good on you.” I have realized in the last couple of months (If you haven’t noticed from my Instagram feed lately) that bright colors make me happy. Not only do they make me happy, but they get me excited about blogging. I have always loved blogging in the springtime and even more so in the summertime, and I realized its because of all the bright colors I get to wear. Seeing all the brightly colored pictures in my feed really makes me feel good, so I have decided to try to live in color all year round.

Along with wearing bright colors for all four seasons, I have set out to find colorful places to do my shoots at. I live in a small somewhat rural town, so finding colorful walls and places to shoot at is not always the easiest task. I enjoy the challenge of finding new places and finding outfits to fit those surroundings. Being able to tap into my creativity a little bit more in my styling allows me to show off who I really am and puts the fun back into blogging for me.

I saw this brightly colored blue skirt and fell in love with it. I had a hard time at first deciding on what to wear with it, but after trying it on, I found several different top options choose from. Mixing prints is my absolute favorite, so I decided to go with this striped tee. I have linked up below some of the other tops that I paired with it in the dressing room, just in case you are thinking about getting this skirt and want some options. This skirt also comes in an ivory color with gold polka dots on it. I opted for the blue, but thought the gold would be really nice to wear to a formal event. It was easier for me to style the blue one, so that is the one I went with! I hope y’all like it and the other tops I chose to pair it with!

sig_zpsa0ee1fe2.jpg

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Heather March 17, 2017 at 1:39 am

This looks fab on you and yes to allll the bright colors!

• Reply sarah March 17, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Thank you sweet Heather!

• Reply Laura @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels March 17, 2017 at 1:40 am

Love your pretty print mixing. That skirt is so pretty!

• Reply sarah March 17, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Thank you so much Laura!

• Reply Abby March 17, 2017 at 6:25 am

What a cute outfit! I really like that fun skirt and all of the elements you brought together here – they look so fun and feminine!

Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

• Reply sarah March 17, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Thank you Abby! Have a great weekend!

• Reply Elsie March 21, 2017 at 5:25 am

Yay to patterns and colors! I’m so happy to have found another kindred spirit!

• Reply sarah March 21, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Thank you Elsie!

• Reply Ada March 23, 2017 at 1:37 pm

I can see why you fell in love with that pretty dotted skirt. I love it. It was great pairing it with the green+blue striped top. Plus dots and stripes are always in harmony, Sarah. You look lovely!

As a matter of fact, I featured this beautiful look on Thursday Moda today, come take a peak. 😉 And I invite you to join my linkup this week, too. Thanks and have a great day!

<3 Ada.

• Reply sarah March 24, 2017 at 3:08 am

I went to link up my post today and saw my picture! You are so sweet! Thank you so much for featuring me on your lovely linkup! XO

• Reply Shelbee on the Edge March 24, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Sarah, this is such a brilliant outfit! The colors are amazing and the print mixing is spot on! And that is one of my very favorite Coco Chanel quotes! It is so very true. These colors are perfect on you! Thanks for linking up with me.

Shelbee

• Reply Better Late Than Never & Link Up On the Edge #38 – Shelbee On the Edge March 30, 2017 at 12:32 pm

[…] a gorgeous Spring outfit with brightly colored hues and fabulously mixed patterns in her post Living Colorfully. Doesn’t she look […]